Thursday, August 14, 2008

Skull Head Lights

The Skeletal Spotlight shines this time on:
The Skull "Head Lite"


From the Nov. 1980 issue of Famous Monsters.

If I had been a kid when this came out, and I got it, you know what I would have liked to have done with it? I'd have waited till after bedtime, then snuck into my little brother's room with it. Then, holding it out in front of me and making it float in the darkness, I would have made the jaw move and spoke for it in a haunting voice, saying "Wa-a-a-a-ke u-u-u-u-p! I have come to take you to... HE-E-E-E-E-ELLLLLL! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!" But the screams and subsequent awakening of the parents and the extreme trouble it would have gotten me into wouldn't have been worth it. Very little was.


The actual product, actually bigger than one would have imagined, knowing most ads.

I imagine more than a few kids that got this put it in the basket of their bike and tooled down the street at dusk terrorizing the neighborhood cats. Of course, the kids that liked this sort of thing grew up and got adult versions to make their cycles look cooler. Pedestrians would look like a deer in headlights when they saw you coming down the street at them, blinding them into targetable immobility with the glaring stare of these chrome skulls.


"You... light up my death... you take my hope... to carry on...!"



Source: http://www.realheadlight.com/ssaircleaner.php

And then there's this even more awesome version, which is more scary and less goofy.


Source: http://www.skullenterprises.com/headlight2.html


You can't run and you can't hide from the cycle-mounted skull light. It will find you in the dark and run you down just for kicks.


2 comments:

Patrick said...

Very cool! I would love to order one of these and put it on my Vespa, but I have my doubts it would fit!! I love outrageous stuff like this!

Anonymous said...

The closest I came to something like that was when I had a skull shift knob in my car - when you shifted gears his eyes would light up red. Sadly it was poorly made and after a few times of it coming off in my hand I had to bid skully farewell.